ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9.5

<< < (2/14) > >>

Josh:
Umm, opera provides NO WAY for roboform to support it. There is no way for Roboform to access page content as the browser reads it. It needs full access to opera DOM model which opera does not provide access to. This has been discussed ad nauseum on operas forums and roboforms support pages. Roboform has contacted opera several times to try and add support, just look at their browsers supported list and you will see they support just about every browser out there, but opera has refused to provide a mechanism for roboform to tie into it. Roboform doesnt work on linux, thats true, but I dont hold it against it because it was never designed with that purpose in mind.

Lashiec:
One could argue that Opera wasn't designed with the purpose of supporting Roboform in mind :D. But I think you plea could be fulfilled in a near future (Opera 10, perhaps?) if the extension capabilities hinted by Opera's CEO are big enough to let Roboform interact with Opera.

Heh, I couldn't believe when it appeared on my reader this afternoon, the RC was released yesterday! Bad timing though, I have a few tabs pending here, so I can't upgrade (read: clean install) for now. I also have to check UserJS compatibility with the new version, but the changelog is full of excellent news. And their servers clearly were getting hammered with people flooding to get the new version ;D

And in four days we're getting Firefox 3 :)

allen:
Dont confuse security with lack of use.
-Josh (June 12, 2008, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cheap jab. Don't confuse lack of hype with lack of substance.  In the future, if something isn't canidae or at least prone to humping canine, I'll remember to refrain from announcing it.

nosh:
[valueless rant]
Opera is a fantastic piece of s/w. Pound for pound it's superior (atleast to FF2), by _miles_! But one wonders how slow it'll have to get for it to give us the level of functionality that FF currently provides. Until it opens up its gates it'll just have to live with its current niche audience (~2% (?) market share). FF3 is definitely a step for the better but I don't see it living up to all the hype once all the extensions (read, "crazy code"  ;D) catches up. They're both staying on my system until one totally owns the other, which isn't happening anytime soon... :mad: not till I buy a quad-core monster anyway.  :-\
[/vr]

justice:
It's the last browser of the top 3 that doesn't has extensions / addons, yes. But did you expect it for 9.5? It's still a great browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version