ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Opera 9.5

<< < (11/14) > >>

Lashiec:
Certainly not. That's why I asked DC members to verify if it's only me. And yes, it's only me, so I'm pretty sure they won't care. Also, it applies to DC forum solely, so I can tell you what the reply would be: Let the DC forum guys correct theirs pages!
-yksyks (June 28, 2008, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not, I submitted two weeks ago a problem I have in this same forum, when marking some posts as read. They're marked, but the marks are not cleared when the page updates itself, so they're "inherited" by the next items in the list. It did not happen in Opera 9.27, so either it's a problem with Opera, or a problem with the forum software (or mouser mods :D)

If the problem appeared with the new build, I think it's probably a thing of their own, maybe they broke something in the wand, or in the cookie management. Not that SMF or DC are perfect, but well, they worked before. Also, the Opera team contacts the people working in pages that do have problems with Opera (if this is the case), or least that's what they say...

Then again, if you do a clean install and the problem disappears, something went wrong in your setup (unless something external is causing it). If not, time to bug them :)

Regarding the Opera forum: I used to write there several times, but I've never receive any valid answer, if you don't count ironic, arogant and sarcastic comments. This is a "normal" forum, not even remotely resembling the constructive atmosphere here at the DC.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's why I told you to use the bug report wizard as the first option, since this goes directly to Opera's bugtracker, which is only available to Opera employees as you may expect, so you don't have to endure through the jungle that seems to be Opera's forum. Not that I lurk many times there, but I saw enough posts, and hear enough stories of frustration to know that its fame it's deserved.

Of course, as any big forum, there are nice people as well, but a share of fanatics and trolls is unavoidable.

yksyks:
I'm not going to try to report this as a bug. I can recall some time ago I reported repeated problems with tv.com site and I was not alone in that case. After a long time I got a reply that they discovered some non-standard coding on the mentioned pages and they can't do anything with that. Needless to say other browsers displayed these pages correctly. Anyway, they fixed it a couple of betas later.

So I'll give Opera one more try with clean install, but in the meantime I'm happy with IE7pro.

Dormouse:
I always upgrade to final versions and install betas in separate directories, and I've never had any of the reported problems.

Suggests a complex interaction between particular systems and particular webpages and Opera (and other browsers too?).

yksyks:
Me too. This must some strange coincidence. If I eventually come to some solution I'll post it here.

yksyks:
Well, I didn't find any solution, but a clean install of the final build 9.51 fixed all. For me Opera is back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version