ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rightnote, commercial alternative to abandonware Keynote

<< < (2/8) > >>

fenixproductions:
What advantages above free SEO Note does it have?
Judging from the site: fancy look only (but I might be wrong).

Perry Mowbray:
What advantages above free SEO Note does it have?
Judging from the site: fancy look only (but I might be wrong).
-fenixproductions (June 13, 2008, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does SEO have a spreadsheet module?
Rightnote, commercial alternative to abandonware Keynote

They may be using an Excel object, as it supports Excel Functions (Don't know if it's all of them: that would be pretty powerful  :-\) + Export to xls format.

fenixproductions:
2Perry Mowbray
You've got a point. I've took a look and the only thing left to complain is its "fancyness" ;)
It was hard to know what tab I am in.

Nice finding after all.

kartal:
Well, if you have used Keynote in the past and was not happy about the fact that Keynote has turned abandonware, then Rightnote could be for you.

For example Keynote and Rightnote have virtual notes. Virtual notes are pretty much imported(or dragged and dropped) text based files that you can edit outside of the Rightnote and will be updated inside Rightnote.

kartal:
SEO note has alot of advanced functionality.  It is nicely done free application

But here what I did not like about it

-No real file drag and drop functionalty. Dragging into SEO forces to create a new database
-There is no multiple file imports at once. There is folder import but folder import does not import contents of the folders.
-No unicode support in the editor. What is funny is that the tree seems to support unicode but not the editor. At least the text files I have imported did not show words properly due to different character set.
-Password protection did not seem to work.
-No node dragging and dropping. Keynote-Rightnote allows you to drag and drop your nodes-notes inside the tree. This is only supported via keyboard shortcuts like shift right-left This is very handy feature for organizing.

If unicode is not important for you and you use only english to collect notes and organize SEO is definetely a very good find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version