topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Interesting Approach by the Profiteering Malware Author  (Read 15630 times)

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Interesting Approach by the Profiteering Malware Author
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 07:15 PM »
Ehtyar: not only the cryptography community... I don't even dare think about the consequences of anybody being able to factor 1024-bit RSA in realistic time.
My point was simply to discount the kind of person who uses the https protocol without the faintest idea how things work in the background, who would most likely be entirely unperturbed by that kind of news, up until their browser stops recognising new CAs.
The conspiracy theorist in me has always taunted me with the idea that something like Digital Fortress could potentially exist, but i usually just tell it to shutup and go find something more realistic to ponder.....*touch wood* ;)
I meant more from the point of view of being able to track down the blackmailer and using old fashioned methods of getting the key.
Apologies for my denseness today  :huh:

Ehtyar.