ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: Compare contents of two RAR archives as if they were directories

<< < (3/5) > >>

rjbull:
Not free: WinMount
-4wd (June 10, 2008, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

No kidding!  Either $49 for a personal license, or, an eyewatering $999 for a site license, the only kind of commercial license?  Phew...

Darwin:
I didn't notice that, rjbull. That certainly re-defines hideously expensive! However, the stand-alone price, while steep, is bearable. The standalone cost of DOpus is arguably worth it but steeper yet! I, of course, count myself among the Dopus faithful...

tinjaw:
tinjaw, how thorough do you need the compare to be?
-f0dder (June 11, 2008, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

The use case was that I believed all of the stuff in one RAR archive was included in another RAR. Before I deleted the first one I wanted to make sure all of its contents were in the second.*

I think we should ask for DC to try and get a discount on WinMount? What do you folks think?

*Yes, I just moved the files from the first to the second and said to update on older.  So, I got the end result I needed, but that got me thinking, hence the question.

Darwin:
It helps that the buy-in price for WinMount gets you a lifetime licence. I probably wouldn't take advantage of a discount as I already have the basic functionality, but I do like the application (still not impressed by the uninstaller, though - thank goodness for Your Uninstaller!).

kartal:
I have found this free software but no rar support, only zip files :(

http://www.pismotechnic.com/pfm/ap/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version