ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: Compare contents of two RAR archives as if they were directories

<< < (2/5) > >>

tinjaw:
WinMount is very cool. I just downloaded it and it has a 15-day trial. Has anybody used WinMount more than just tinkering with it?

f0dder:
tinjaw, how thorough do you need the compare to be?

You could do a diff of "unrar v archive{1,2}.rar" - that listing includes size, compressed size, date, CRC et cetera - enough to be able to see if there's any differences. The only problem I can think of is that it uses a two-lines-per-file format, so if files come in different order in the two archives, it's somewhat difficult to sort before diff'ing.

Darwin:
Directory Opus can do this via its Synchronize tool. I can't recall if a plug-in is required (it'd be free anyway) to allow the following, but you can open archives (including RAR files) as directories folders in Dopus, so you set up two panes, one for each of the two RAR files you are comparing and then select Tools - Synchronize and then click on Compare. It will offer to synch the two files for you, but you just click Cancel... Kind of an expensive way to do this, mind you! And possibly not quite what you're after? At any rate, I've just installed WinMount and am off to take a look.

Darwin:
Crap. Scratch kind of expensive - make that hideously expensive. The last time I paid attention the buy in price of Dopus was about $55 USD, now it's closer to $81  :o

Darwin:
WinMout workes really well. However, the uninstaller sucks (could just be my set up, I know) - it starts up, you click OK to let it uninstall completely and then it hangs. Forever.  :down: >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version