Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 20, 2014, 05:04:29 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New C# FARR Plugin: FARRGoogleCalendar  (Read 20673 times)
nero
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »

I was having a devil of a time with this myself just now, beware if you have Google 2-Step Verification set up.  You'll need to set up an application pwd for this.

Now it's working like a charm smiley
nero
Participant

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »

Looks like I spoke too soon...

It added the 1st event once I got the plugin working but now it's crashing right out of the gate as soon as I launch.

Any ideas based on the screenshot?

I can also add this from the pluginlog

07:37 PM, Saturday, December 17, 2011
 Error initializing plugin do_init function
C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FARRGoogleCalendar\FARRGoogleCalendar.dll

* YF3X1.jpg (254.81 KB, 481x730 - viewed 149 times.)
delwoode
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 05:55:23 AM »

I tried to use it for the first time by typing gcal and I got a pop up that said
It looks like this is the first time you are using Farrgoogle calender please configure the plugin.
How exactly do I do that - there is no help text file or anything.

wbmadill had the same problem (see previous page) but got no advice
nero
Participant

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »

Plugins and Updates >> Click to Examine and Configure Plugins >> Select Plugin with mouse >> Configure Advanced Plugin Options

Enter your Google credentials and off you go smiley
delwoode
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »

Plugins and Updates >> Click to Examine and Configure Plugins >> Select Plugin with mouse >> Configure Advanced Plugin Options

Enter your Google credentials and off you go smiley
Thanks Nero for taking the time to put me right smiley
nero
Participant

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 06:03:36 AM »

I just installed FARR yesterday after looking at it longingly for a couple of years (during which time I was using Launchy).

Brand new machine, time to try some improved technology.  But I did spend a good 4-5 hours getting my head wrapped around the plugin system (and all the issues and outdated ones).

That "Advanced Plugin Options" thing is misleading since you'd think credentials would be a basic element.  Anyway, that button will help out a bunch.

Now if someone would "put me right" as you so eloquently stated, I'd love to get this working on my end as well smiley
delwoode
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 06:06:16 AM »

Having put in my detials for google I tried using the plugin but it just crashed FARR, so I have erased this plugin it's a bit unstable at the moment.
nero
Participant

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2011, 06:09:21 AM »

As I stated above, if you're using Google's 2-Step then you need to generate an application specific pwd.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error that it produced so whomever might come along can have a bigger sample set to debug with?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.04 ]