Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 20, 2014, 11:33:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New C# FARR Plugin: FARRGoogleCalendar  (Read 20356 times)
vitalyb
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:05:33 AM »

Description

This plugin serves in two modes:

1) See your upcoming events up and directly go to them. Defauly keyword: gcal
2) Use the QuickAdd feature of Google Calendar to quickly add events. Before actually creating an event, you are given a preview of the date. Defauly keyword: gcal add

Thanks to czechboy for the inspiration smiley

Download

http://vitalyb.dcmembers....ar/FARRGoogleCalendar.zip

As with any C# plugin, if you don't see the C# plugin in the FARR plugin list after the installation then download the following update from Microsoft.

Known issues

• The user/password is stored in the options file in plain text.
  • You can't add external calendars

Screenshots

View events mode

Add new event mode
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:09:30 AM by vitalyb » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:26:23 AM »

Awesome  thumbs up
icekin
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:55:13 AM »

For some reason, this does not work for me. I tried installing the plugin through DcUpdate and also tried the manual method, but the plugin simply does not even get detected by FARR. I even tried reloading all the plugins from within FARR.

In the meanwhile, I've come up with an alternative using FARR's new htmlview feature and Mobile Google Calendar (optimized for small screens) :
[copy or print]
Regular Expression Pattern: viewcal
Results: viewcal | htmlviewurl http://www.google.com/calendar/m

At the bottom of the results, there is a field to enter in new dates.

vitalyb
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 05:10:27 AM »

For some reason, this does not work for me. I tried installing the plugin through DcUpdate and also tried the manual method, but the plugin simply does not even get detected by FARR. I even tried reloading all the plugins from within FARR.

Try to download the following update from Microsoft that should resolve your problem.
icekin
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

I tried installing it and restarting FARR. FARR crashed with the following error window.

d4ni
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »

I also installed the file you linked to and gcalc crashes farr for me as well. When restarted, farr crashes again with the attached error.

* error.png (112.92 KB, 962x297 - viewed 598 times.)
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »

I tried installing it and restarting FARR. FARR crashed with the following error window.
 (see attachment in previous post)

Put the attached file (unzip contents) in the directory and tell me if that helps. If it does, I'll put it to the zip.

I also installed the file you linked to and gcalc crashes farr for me as well. When restarted, farr crashes again with the attached error.

Your case is kinda strange. Can you try to go the URL that is displayed in your messagebox? What does it say? It can also be an issue with your credentials but not sure.

* Google.GData.AccessControl.zip (4.2 KB - downloaded 364 times.)
d4ni
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »

Hmm, I might have used username@gmail.com as username, instead of simply username (my screenshot says 'username@gmail.com@gmail.com' (username is blanked out)). Anyway, I also put your attached file in the plugins\FARRGoogleCalendar folder and now it works, so I guess that .dll file is required. Please include it as part of the plugin smiley
icekin
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 11:50:45 PM »

Thank you, it works now with the extra dll file that you attached later.
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »

Fixed and uploaded. Latest version should include it.
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 02:54:15 AM »

'gcal' shows me my events

But 'gcal add <text>' followed by any number from 2 to 9 doesn't do anything. When I add '1' at the end, the event gets added w/ start and end times as the current time.

Any idea how to fix this?

vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »

Wait wait, do you remember to finish your text with a "]"?
e.g Gym tomorrow 7pm]
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

well, I am not able to go up to that part.

I type the following in FARR window:

gcal add gym tomorrow

and after that when I press the space bar and type '7', nothing happens. '7' doesn't get typed.  undecided

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »

sri: does '\7' (backslash followed by the number 7) work?
The problem might be that when you press '7', farr tries to launch the 7th result.
To solve this problem, there's an option to specify if "digit keys launch results from search window".

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »

'\7' didn't help. I mean, the slash gets typed but not the number.

However, I unchecked 'digit keys launch results from search window' option and now this plugin works fine.

Is it possible by any way to make it work w/ 'digit keys launch results from search window' checked?

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:03 PM »

Ok, glad to know at least we figured out what was causing that.

I belive '\7' worked in previous versions, something must be wrong. (or it was some other escape sequence which i am not remembering correctly  embarassed).

I don't think it'd make much sense for that behaviour to be changed for this plugin specifically. I mean, if generaly people would like to use digits to launch, this should apply to this plugin which also has several stuff that can be launched. Still, in the specific situation that you're entering a new event, it might make sense to disable the feature.
Maybe mouser could add a "temporary disable feature" capability to the plugin framework?

IIRC, the plugins that have memo display (like fcalc, for example), ignore that setting and always assume it's off, so the capability is there, in theory.

In short, the answer to your question, sri, would be: No, not at this time.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »

It's the pound sign that escapes digits when you have the "digits launch" option set, e.g. '#7'
I recommend not using that option -- but i'll put a note in the options panel about using #.
snaker
Freeware Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:49:09 AM »

A great plugin...
I seem to have found a problem with it though. It takes the proxy information from the IE settings. And if the proxy specified there is not working, the plugin crashes and makes FARR crash too. Now since I have FARR on startup, each time I boot my system at home/work, FARR crashes and I need to fix my proxy settings and then restart FARR.
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 04:53:37 AM »

Glad you enjoy it smiley.

I see the problem. I see two possible fixes:
1) You make it so the proxy in IE is fixed before FARR is ran.
2) I can do some exception handling that makes the plugin show "connection unavailable" when it can't connec.t

Obviously #2 would be the best option but I have very little time last months to work on FARR. What are you options regarding #1?
snaker
Freeware Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 08:18:35 AM »

NP vitalyb, I think I can live with this. For option #1 I would need to write a Windows Script to determine my IP address and depending upon the range keep the proxy enabled in the registry and then launch FARR. Am a lil lazy, but this should not be much effort, I'll do it sometime soon when I find time smiley

But IMHO, two things need to be looked at
a. The plugin coders should catch their exceptions.
b. Maybe FARR should not crash on a plugin exception, instead it should notify the user and disable the plugin.
snaker
Freeware Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 12:34:44 AM »

The crash is replicated even if I start up my PC without being on a network  huh
wbmadill
Participant

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »

Hi,
Just installed it & it comes up with a msgbox detecting that it's my first-time use and advising that I need to configure the plugin - but, doesn't seem to offer an further avenue/advice how to do so.
wbm
Nxqd3051990
Participant

Train to become GTD Master

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:30 AM »

no unicode support Sad

KEEP IT SIMPLE !
Hardware ASUS K8N |AMD 2800+@2,6 with WC| Ram Kingmax 512@235 2-4-4-11
Software   Firefox 2.0.0.5 | XYplorer | Foobar 0.9.4.2 | VLC | AutoHotkey | SciTe | Pidgin
Sites Y!Blog | Facebook | Tumblog | Last.fm
CamXing
Participant

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 09:17:27 AM »

fantastic plugin, thanks!
ak_
Supporting Member

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »

Sorry for the bump, but i can't seem to get this plugin to work. After i copied the files from the zip, when i try to reload the plugins, i get this error "External exception E0434F4D.". If i quit FARR and run it again, it just crashes at startup.

Any idea why ?

[Edit] Details from the startup crash, if it helps :

Nom d’évĂ©nement de problème:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   FindAndRunRobot.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.0.140
  Application Timestamp:   00000013
  Fault Module Name:   KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4a5bdbdf
  Exception Code:   e0434f4d
  Exception Offset:   0000b727
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:24:09 AM by ak_ » Logged