ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Media Player Linux Distro Available?

(1/2) > >>

tinjaw:
I am very surprised that my searching hasn't been fruitful. I expected such a thing to be easily found.

I have a very old computer sitting around. I wanted to use it as a Media player. It has a CD drive, but no DVD drive. I want to hook up a LCD monitor and my stereo and use it to watch streamed movies and music. I don't want to do a standard OS install and then add the appropriate applications. I want it to be completely dedicated to media with a full-time dedicated interface. Something like a MythTV distro, but not centered around a box that has a TV-Tuner.

If this was a LiveCD, it would be great. I have found many things that come close, but they are all years old and abandoned or focused on emulating a TiVo.

Any thing you folks know of?

tinjaw:
I am giving a more detailed second look at Mythbuntu. Maybe it is what I want after all.

scancode:
GeeXboX is for you!

zridling:
Wow, good call scancode.

tinjaw:
GeeXboX is for you!
-scancode (June 07, 2008, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I forgot to mention that GeexBox gives me problems on this computer for some reason. It works fine for a while and then locks up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version