ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to increase scoring of item ?

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
but i'm glad you found a better more general solution regarding shortcuts vs. exe files.

Another REALLY IMPORTANT thing for people to remember:
FARR gives a big bonus to any program as soon as you launch it once.  so if the file you want to launch comes up not quite first place on your initial search -- it's very likely that after you launch it once, it will be at the top next time, and forever after, without you needing to take any corrective action.  it will also be found much quicker next time because it is in the FARR history cache.
-mouser (June 08, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

sorry, I was getting a bit frustrated with it earlier :-[

I'm starting to understand & I've got to say it's not been a problem for me before - as in if I added to the score it usually sorted the problem
And as you say, if I launch something once that usually raised it to the top of the list, but funnily enough not with IE & the fact that the word vIEwer was being favoured over IE (shortcut name) suprised me as well - this was in ths case partly (at least) to do with exe's being favoured over shortcuts

kartal:
Mouser, this behaviour does not happen here . I have tried "enter" ctr+numpad,"F keys" and none of them really increases hit. Is there a way to make sure that this works fine? For some files it seems to work for some other it seems to not work. I have certain programs and I keep using Farr to launch them. Everytime I try to launch them I need to wait 4 5 secs until Farr finds them in the directories.

Another REALLY IMPORTANT thing for people to remember:
FARR gives a big bonus to any program as soon as you launch it once.  so if the file you want to launch comes up not quite first place on your initial search -- it's very likely that after you launch it once, it will be at the top next time, and forever after, without you needing to take any corrective action.  it will also be found much quicker next time because it is in the FARR history cache.
-mouser (June 08, 2008, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version