ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to increase scoring of item ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
don't worry about me, i more or less have got comfortable with the way i have set-up Farr. that's why i hadn't the need to change the heuristics scoring. but since the option is already available,  i suggest you fiddle with it until you are happy with it. ;)

• Online Help - Heuristic Scoring.

tomos:
don't worry about me, i more or less have got comfortable with the way i have set-up Farr. that's why i hadn't the need to change the heuristics scoring. but since the option is already available,  i suggest you fiddle with it until you are happy with it. ;)

• Online Help - Heuristic Scoring.-lanux128 (June 08, 2008, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

as usual I forget to  :read: TFM   ;D

mouser:
So I type +200 in "IE" score, that sticks but I realise it's not enough so I again type +200 but that doesnt make any difference.. On next farr launch I type +200 again for IE - again it doesnt stick - so I type +2000 and that sticks.
--- End quote ---

i think your problem may be in a misunderstanding of how this is working.

when you add a score in this way, what's happening is the FARR is simply helping you make an entry on the tab called "Pattern Scoring" in the options.  so go check out that tab to see what your scoring patterns look like.  you aren't adding 200 each time, you are setting it to 200 each time.

tomos:
so go check out that tab to see what your scoring patterns look like.
-mouser (June 08, 2008, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
okay,
problem was:-
shortcuts were only getting 50 points, exe files 150
I now have them the same, I may even favour shortcuts - I mean I always make a shortcut, dont necessarily keep it on the desktop but I have FARR looking where they are kept

i think your problem may be in a misunderstanding of how this is working.
-mouser (June 08, 2008, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
-
I'm afraid I dont have any understanding of how this is working but had better read the online page Lanux linked to before commenting :-\

mouser:
i just meant that each time you were putting +200 you thought you were adding another 200.  but really there should only be one score for the item that you are "changing" each time.  it's a bit confusing.  you aren't adding 200 each time you type +200, you are simply saying over and over again, give this file a single 200 point bonus during matching.

but i'm glad you found a better more general solution regarding shortcuts vs. exe files.

Another REALLY IMPORTANT thing for people to remember:
FARR gives a big bonus to any program as soon as you launch it once.  so if the file you want to launch comes up not quite first place on your initial search -- it's very likely that after you launch it once, it will be at the top next time, and forever after, without you needing to take any corrective action.  it will also be found much quicker next time because it is in the FARR history cache.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version