ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to increase scoring of item ?

(1/3) > >>

tomos:
apologies if this posted before - the usual dilemma - what to search for..

I tend to use FARR out of the box & havent messed around with settings much
If I want something to go up the list/be favoured, I right-click & select "Add rule for this item"
I type, say, "+200" in score - sometimes it adds to actual score of item - sometimes the score is even reduced in spite of the "plus" :tellme:

What's going on - do I have to change some of the heuristic scoring settings? (if so, which? )

mouser:
you are just adding a score for the item, not setting a fixed score for it regardless of what you type.  but it should never ever result in a reduced score.  try setting it to something very high like 5000 and see the effect.

tomos:
mouser,
do I add to the score or do I type in what I want the new score to be?

e.g. FSViewer always comes in above IE - prob cause I hardly use IE
So I type +200 in "IE" score, that sticks but I realise it's not enough so I again type +200 but that doesnt make any difference..
On next farr launch I type +200 again for IE - again it doesnt stick - so I type +2000 and that sticks

I have to say it's very confusing!

lanux128:
i don't understand much of this myself but i think your problem is connected to items in "Heuristic Scoring" tab such as "History File Bonus" and "Leftmost Match Bonus"? e.g. if you want to want IE to come over FSViewer (which you use a lot) then try increasing the score for "Leftmost Match Bonus" as well. :)

tomos:
I know there's been a lot of talk about FARR & direction etc lately
I would think that this should/could(?) be simplified -
not wanting to remove the more advanced scoring options but if lanux doesnt fully understand it I reckon I dont have a chance  ;)

Does "leftmost match scoring" favour letters at the beginning of the word?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version