ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

WebDrive Mini-Review: Caching FTP-to-LocalDrive Mapping Tool

<< < (3/6) > >>

mwb1100:
SFTPDrive is licensed 'per-user' so you can install on multiple machines.  This is the main reason I chose SFTPDrive over WebDrive.
-mwb1100 (June 07, 2008, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Where did you find this information on the very limited website of SFTPdrive ?
-megar (June 11, 2008, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, you're right.  I hope I wasn't mis-remembering something and passing on false information.  I've asked for a clarification from the vendor at their support 'forum':

http://getsatisfaction.com/magnetk/topics/sftpdrive_license_question

Edit: and the vendor replied within 10 minutes: "It's per user"

I hope he also updates the website...

megar:
Thank you !
I will go for SFTPdrive. Webdrive seems nicer but WAY too expensive !

mouser:
Nice to see a full knowledgeable discussion here  :up:

mouser:
Just wanted to post an update to praise webdrive for something.

I recently spent a day writing backup scripts for donationcoder, to do things like nightly backups of database and backup of new uploaded file attachments, etc.

In addition to letting you mount an ftp/ssh/sftp account as a virtual drive on your computer, which is the functionality i also associated with the software, it turns out that webdrive also has quite a nice scheduled download system that will connect to the site, find all new and changed files, and download changed files to your local hd (it supports upload, download, and sync).  Turned out to be exactly what i needed.

I'm pretty sure that a bunch of the file backup tools (super flexible file synchronizer, etc.) can do this also.. But it's pretty impressive to see it well implemented in webdrive itself.

urlwolf:
Mouser, are you still into webdrive?
Will dropbox on the server provide similar functionality (although losing privacy of course!)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version