topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:37 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: request: "latest post of"-page with only thread titles and new post indication  (Read 9639 times)

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I often use the "latest post of"-page for myself to monitor the threads at DC forum that I'm currently active in. It works pretty well but could be very much enhanced if a version of the "latest post of"-pages was made that has these features:

- shows only the titles for the threads where the user has posted (to make it compact so one gets a more immediate overview)
- indicates how many new messages has been posted in each thread since (1) the users last post and (2) since last time the user read the last page of the thread while logged on.

Alternatively: is there some way to make a RSS feed for all new items in all threads listed on the latest post of-page?
If not, is there at least some way to make a RSS feed for all new items in a number of specified threads? (I'd like to make a RSS for all discussion threads for the small programs/scripts I've made for easy monitoring of them)

edit: I just read the RSS thread and then skimmed parts of the linked simplemachines thread. It seems like RSS for individual threads is not available since people are still asking for it on the last page there: http://www.simplemac....php?topic=25009.260
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:38 AM by Nod5 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
can you explain a bit more about what you wish the page showed, and which url are you talking about starting from?

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I mean the page titled "Latest post of: ____" where ____ is a username. A link to that page is found at the bottom of each users profile page. That link is titled "Show the last posts of this person".
For example, for you it would be this page:
https://www.donation...ile;u=2;sa=showPosts

Here's a screencap of one element on my latest post of-page ATM:
1.png

Compare that to this sketch of what I'm after:
2.png
the numbers 0, 3, 2 would indicate the number of posts made after my last post since I last read the last page of that thread while logged on. Red numbers means there's new, unread posts. So what I'm asking for is basically a page that somewhat mimics a minimal RSS reader for the last threads I've posted to. This presupposes that the SMF keeps track of what threads (and pages in threads) a user loads while logged on, which may not be the case.

edit: it would also be neat if the user could add a few other threads to always display on that page (like discussion threads for some programs or some favourite threads)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:55 PM by Nod5 »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nod5: I may be misunderstanding, but aren't you looking for: https://www.donation...action=unreadreplies (unreadreplies)?