Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 18, 2014, 02:44:51 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Programming Contest from DonationCoder.com and Veign.com - Deadline July 1st  (Read 61024 times)
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »

Nice work Eoin.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

EĆ³in,
You did such a great job with this.

One issue that i'm slightly concerned about with regard to backups.

If one makes a backup, and then later installs a program that creates a new service entry, and then experiments with the new service installed, disabling, etc.  Then one day they say ok i've messed everything up and they restores the backup, the new service will not be restored to it's initial state, am i right?

I wonder if the better solution would be something like this:
Whenever a new service is detected that the program has never seen before, it saves its initial state to a special file.
Now you can do two things:
1) You can highlight any service in the current display whose setting currently DIFFERS from its initial state when first discovered (i.e. show users visually which services they have modified).
2) Let users see on request what the initial state of the service was for reference information.
3) Have a function called "restore all services to their initial states" or something like that, which is the true backup restoration procedure for emergencies.
4) You might also just have a per-item right click saying "Restore this service to it's original state (automatic startup)" which would be a nice thing and would take care of item #2 as well.

Just an idea.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 03:01:34 AM »

Congratulations to those who entered.  The contest is now officially closed.

We will announce where the prize goes in the next couple of days.

I also want to express my appreciation to you.  Your participation makes the site a funner place for all of us.  I hope you guys enjoyed taking part.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »

What a great collection of new software has been submitted!

Every one looks like a winner to me  smiley

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »

Sorry for the delay, we hope to announce results and post info before monday.
Blaster
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 04:31:54 AM »

Good luck to all!
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »

These are seriously nice applications you guys have created.  Great, great job.

sheenu
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »

The servicesprofiles.zip download link does not work
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »

The servicesprofiles.zip download link does not work

This is an externally hosted project.  Please Send the Developer a Private Message if you wish to download it.

**edit**

Didn't realist how old this post was, - There is a good chance that the software in question is no longer in development.

Side Note:

Who won this???

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »

(nevermind)  embarassed

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »

(nevermind)  embarassed

huh

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.03 ]