ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Programming Contest from DonationCoder.com and Veign.com - Deadline July 1st

<< < (7/13) > >>

mouser:
That is really very nice, and very professional looking.

One idea:
Maybe the program for safety purposes could store a list of the startup state of each item the first time it ever sees it, so that you could look at a log file and see the original state of any process you might later mess with?

Another idea, again for safety purposes:
make it easy to set the active state setting, but make them tick some option to acknowledge they are doing something potentially dangerous when they try to change a startup state.

Eóin:
Thanks both for the kind words. Better safety precautions are a very good idea. Though I must say I surprised myself in a VM where XP booted even with everything set to disabled. It had a fantastically low memory overhead too, but beyond the morbid curiosity I can't see any real reason for trying it :D

mouser:
some more ideas:

1) to the right click menu for a service, how about an option "lookup on the internet"
and have it just open the browser with a google search for the display or processname

mouser:
might discuss with mouser extending this contest a week or two so I get get settled in and we can get a few more submissions
--- End quote ---

I agree with this.. I think extending to July 14 would be a good idea.

hollowlife1987:
Thank god for the extension, my its a huge load of my chest now that I have more time. Even though I finished it, it's not how I would like it to be for the release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version