ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Programming Contest from DonationCoder.com and Veign.com - Deadline July 1st

<< < (2/13) > >>

Veign:
Just a note in response to an inquiry I got.

I don't think the use of visual express tools is going to be a really strict thing.  We have no arrangement to promote MS products and this is mainly an attempt to help insure that whoever gets this will really use it.  And also if someone submits a program that needs the full version to compile and borrowed someone else's copy of visual studio to make it, that would be fine too.  Again the point isn't to force people to use the express version, it's just to help us make sure that the person who enters is going to have use for these tools.
-mouser (June 06, 2008, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed and well put.  We only mentioned the free tools as an option for developers to use to enter the contest - a lot of people don't know there are options for developers to develop without spending money on an IDE.

Should also mention that you will not be able to resell the prize.  It will be registered in the winners name shortly after announcing the winner.

Veign:
Is anyone thinking of submitting something?  Just curious what the turnout will be...

hollowlife1987:
I have talked to mouser and Veign and I'm plan on entering this contest hopefully I'll be able to finish in time.

mouser:
It should be mentioned that this prize includes a licensed copy of every Operating System made by Microsoft, the full MS Office Suite, normally non-free SDK stuff, etc., and any versions that come out within a year of winning.

Rover:
Mouser and Veign this is a great idea.  I hope you get a lot of entries.

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version