DC member Chris Hanscom (who runs veign.com
) has a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Suite
(with MSDN Premium subscription) to give away, and has decided to let us host a contest to decide who should get it.
This is a prize worth over $10,000
(yes you read that correctly), and so should go to a programmer who is serious about using it.
To choose a winner, we've decided to hold a little programming contest. The winner will be chosen by Chris and myself, and will be influenced by the votes of longtime DC members.
- You must code a new, never-released application, using one of the free versions of Microsoft Visual Studio Express.
- Deadline for submitting your finished entry is July 1st, 2008. Winner will be chosen soon after that.
- You must provide the source code for your application, but you do not need to release this publicly if you don't want to. The winning program must be freeware or donationware.
- The winning program will be featured on the donationcoder and/or veign websites, but all entries (winning and otherwise) remain the property of the authors. We will provide permanent web hosting space for entrants who want it, and we would love to welcome new coders to the DC community.
- We encourage authors to make their programs available for others to test and use prior to the end of the contest. You are free to work in a team and/or solicit feedback on the DonationCoder.com forum.
- We may give out extra fun special prizes (rare DC Cody mugs, etc.) to participants who don't win the main prize, so you should enter even if you don't think your program will be judged as the best entry.
- You may code any kind of program you want, but we strongly discourage any submissions that alter the user's system dramatically and would make testing difficult (please no intrusive system driver replacing tools).
How Do I Enter?
- To participate, please post a reply to this thread and email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intention to enter, well in advance of the deadline (July 1st, 2008). We will then follow up with entrants about the best way to submit entries.
Good Luck -- Chris and I are both looking forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with! If you know any coders who you think might be interested in participating, please let them know and help us spread the news about the contest.
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]