ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help needed with NVidia upgrade

(1/3) > >>

dantheman:
Hope someone will have a solution to this problem.

I just upgraded Nvidia driver and the sound is now coming out of the notebook as well as the earphones.
Usually when earphones are on the sounds are supposed to cut off from the notebook right?  :huh:

Lashiec:
Uh, I guess so, did it happen before? Perhaps you should do a clean reinstall of the drivers, that is, uninstall the current ones, use something like DriverSweeper or DriverCleaner to clean the remains, and install them again.

dantheman:
Thanks for dropping bye Laschiec!
I somehow managed to finally remove upgraded Nvidia drive and re-installed original one.
Everything is okay but the sound was pretty nifty on the upgrade.
Wish i could have kept it. :(

nosh:
I second Lashiec.

Old Driver Removal
Now we move on to the simplest, and yet most commonly mishandled part of using graphics drivers - the removal of previous Nvidia graphics drivers.
--- End quote ---

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html

dantheman:
Nosh, Laschiec,

Do appreciate your generous help and will take a more detailed look at it after this weekend to see how i can get the upgraded drivers hooked up properly. You heard of "Radar Sync"? Apparently Chris Pirillo has recommended it and it really does find updates for drivers. But the installation instructions are another story...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version