ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

RecentX at Bits du Jor, 4-Jun-2008

<< < (2/2)

kartal:
Free recent files.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/recent_files_view.html

From what I understand Recentx is not actually tracking files itself rather checking the registry. This is a minus to me because there are cases registry does not record opened files like video files if you use gom or kmp players.

TucknDar:
Yes, nirsofts recent files utility is excellent! And it can produce lists through command line, so perhaps there's some way that FARR can read the output? At least when the new HTML-stuff is in place it should be possible.

Armando:
Yes, nirsofts recent files utility is excellent! And it can produce lists through command line, so perhaps there's some way that FARR can read the output? At least when the new HTML-stuff is in place it should be possible.
-TucknDar (June 05, 2008, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a great idea. And BTW, like some others, I found there's too much overlap between RecentX and farr to justify another expense.

kartal:
Recentx is not a bad application at all. But it does not meet my own expectations. For example I want to be able to create a group and drag and drop files to group. Recentx has only live search based groups. Also it looks like it cannot detect all the opened files if application is using non standard gui. But history based document and application search can serve very well for many people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version