ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

RecentX at Bits du Jor, 4-Jun-2008

(1/2) > >>

J-Mac:
Just saw that RecentX, so recently available at Give Away of the Day, is available today at Bits du Jor for $9.95, a 51% discount from the retail price of $19.95.

Of course if you can't get it there today, the DonationCoder discount of 33% is still valid also.

Me?  I can perform a lot of the same tasks with Mouser's Find And Run Robot (FARR) here at DC!!   :)

Jim

TucknDar:
Me?  I can perform a lot of the same tasks with Mouser's Find And Run Robot (FARR) here at DC!!   :)

Jim
-J-Mac (June 04, 2008, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I'm with you on that! I was very compelled by the idea behind RecentX, but I didn't find myself using it. Even installed it a second time to give it another go a few months back, but no, not useful to me. Still a good idea and I'm sure it's great for many users, though.

J-Mac:
I had been using FARR for nothing but application launching.  Then after seeing RecentX and giving that a lot of thought I decided to see just how much more FARR could do.

Wow!  Finds folders and files as quickly as anything I've tried.  As long as I am still exploring all that FARR can do I won't use RecentX.  No sense having another app that I would only use for the same things I can do just fine with FARR.

Jim

TucknDar:
speaking of FARR and recent files, is there a way to let FARR read the entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU ?

This is where a bunch of recent items is stored. My recent folder is pretty useless, since apparently it needs explorer running as shell, and I don't do that...

J-Mac:
I don't know, Tuck - haven't tried that.  But if I find out, I'll let you know.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version