ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for use with scanner?

<< < (5/6) > >>

awraynor:
Docsvault at Docsvault.com is the closest thing to PaperPort I have found and at half the price.

4wd:
For anyone interested in PaperPort, here's a site where you can get PaperPort v11 for ~US$53 and PaperPort Deluxe v8 for US$29.95 - both NEW.

Fresco Bookshop

There are some comments on CNet saying that PaperPort Deluxe v8 was better than the following v9 and v10.

Either way, it's a cheap alternative.

NOTE: Not affiliated, (I'm even in a completely different country :) ), just found while Googling around ;)

Wyman:
I've started using Screenshot Capture when scanning documents because it is so much faster than the software (MP Navigator) that came with my scanner (Canon Pixma MP 780) or OmniPage. Thank you!

I need help with one task. I'd like to scan several pages of a document into a single PDF. Can I do that with SC? If so, how?

Your advice would be appreciated. As a college teacher I have lots of documents to scan and I was getting depressed about the amount of time it took.

mouser:
I'd like to scan several pages of a document into a single PDF.

--- End quote ---
I will be adding the ability to combine several images into one pdf in the next week or so, but there may be more flexible free tools to do this already.
If someone finds one that supports drag and drop, it would be VERY easy to configure it to work with Screenshot Captor and let you just drag files into it.

Here's one that looks like it might do it:
http://www.derring.com/swiftpdf/

Wyman:
Good -- nice program, thanks for the tip. But instead of saving each image, then dragging and dropping into another program, and saving again, I'd like to just put the next page into the scanner (or use the automatic document feeder), click, and repeat until a multipage document is assembled and ready to save. I can do this now with other scanner software, but the wait time is too long while it processes each page. ScreenCapture is so nice and fast!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version