ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

For what it's worth, DC Homepage is now google PageRank 6

<< < (2/9) > >>

40hz:
Just checked over at checkpagerank.net. They show you as 6/10.

mouser:
40hz, yeah like i said the main site pagerank is fine.
It's the forum pages that used to be pagerank 7 and are now 0: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php

40hz:
Mea culpa. You did say that didn't you? Sorry if I misunderstood.

In that case +1 w/Renegade. Likely Google feels it needs to be rechecked for some reason. You should see that take place within the next few days.

BTW: Good luck getting a straight answer from Google as why it happened.

mouser:
Month later after the server move, the forum is still pagerank 0 and homepage down to 5.

Oh well, I guess one cannot expect to understand the ways of the almighty google -- best thing is just get used to the new position in the caste system of the internet.

Addendum: looks like the forum in Janurary has done about HALF the normal traffic for a month -- i have no idea if that's because of google, but it seems pretty clear that the server move caused a huge loss of traffic.

Maybe it will solve itself eventually.

mahesh2k:
Google pagerank (fake) changes every 3, 4,6,9 months every time on toolbar or any random site. Last pagerank update few weeks ago was made after 9 months of hibernation. Don't bother with this fake pagerank, google has it's own trustrank (internal and not published) that should be important for search results. Have you checked compete and google trends to see how much search traffic is coming to forums or front page ?

By the way search results in google are not affected by pagerank. I can have pagerank 0 for years and hold no 1 or any position in page 1. SEO is changed a lot last 2-3 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version