ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Note-handling applications redux ... (I lost one) ...

<< < (4/4)

Paul Keith:
Btw Barney, I must warn you that Incollector is still not stable on Windows though I didn't use it enough on Linux to find if the bugs were the same.

Sometimes adding a Search Folder causes Incollector to just shut down. I'm not sure how random it is but it's happened enough. Also the export option only exports the tags, not the search folders.

If you're not using search folders I find it pretty stable so far.

barney:
Yah, Paul,
That's one of the problems I had ... search folders, I mean.  It seemed to work OK under Ubuntu, Feisty & Intrepid, but I can't get the search folders to work at all on this system, WinXP Media Center Edition, SP3.  One of the things I don't like about it is that you have to add a title to anything you put in - I'm spoiled by Info Select's using the first line as title if you don't specifically add one, I guess.

Don't think they'll be doing anything 'cept straight data entry, anyway, so that shouldn't be a significant problem.  Still looking for something a bit more appropriate, but this works and I don't have to write one from scratch <chortle />.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version