ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MakeUsOf Blog Entry: Cool Tips to Put your Mouse Scroll Button to Work

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
Personally I hate the feel of pushing the mouse scroll wheel "button" -- to me it just seems wrong that this is a button, and i refuse to use it as such.  But I recognize some of you might not be quite so obstinate..

Anyone who is spending a considerable amount of time on the web will probably agree that mastering keyboard shortcuts can make a person a lot more productive. The same can be said about the mouse. The more you master it the better it gets. So here are some cool tools and tips to add to your mouse scroll button.

--- End quote ---

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cool-tips-to-put-your-mouse-scroll-button-to-work/

Deozaan:
Personally I hate the feel of pushing the mouse scroll wheel "button" -- to me it just seems wrong that this is a button, and i refuse to use it as such.  But I recognize some of you might not be quite so obstinate..-mouser (June 01, 2008, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I feel the same way! I hate clicking the wheel button!

So imagine my displeasure when I started messing around with a 3D editor that predominately used the wheel button for manipulating the viewpoint. :-(

lanux128:
hehe.. i didn't know there are people even bothered by the mouse-wheel scroll button thingy.. ;)

P.S. i use it to autoscroll in Firefox.

sri:
Yes, it feels wrong to 'push' the mouse scroll wheel for me too.

yotta:
it does feel wrong, but it is SO useful, i use it mainly for open-in-a-new-tab in firefox, but have also found other uses for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version