ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Drinking Vinegar?

<< < (6/12) > >>

Renegade:
grass jelly drink-Renegade (June 02, 2008, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Learn something every day; I must admit I'd never heard of that.  I'll have to find some and try it.

-cranioscopical (June 02, 2008, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

In HK, you get it for desert with creamy milk.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-PhilB66 (June 02, 2008, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

The stuff in that pic is the black stuff... Not too fond of it. The regular green grass jelly stuff is better. Well, I like it better. It's watery though. Not milky.

Oh, and for those that like to DRINK ( ;) ), try pomegranate drinking vinegar with tequila and Cointreau -- a Vinegarita! Marvelous! Just sucking back some right now!

<rant>
As for that "Crazy Asian Drinks" site... What a complete waste! They're a bunch of ing lame ed heads with no ing clue about anything other than their own -ed - tiny world of trailer parks and budwiser. them. While there certainly are some interesting things out there, they have nothing useful to say.
</rant>

Lashiec:
One thing I find very curious is that most of us here seem to be absolutely disgusted by the idea of drinking vinegar, with many of us saying it can't be good for the body. Yet how many of us don't think twice about drinking alcohol? It's a product known for liver damage, addiction, and other undesirable side effects, yet I would venture to guess that most people in this thread drink alcoholic beverages at least a couple of times a week.
-Deozaan (June 01, 2008, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know how good it will be for the body, but I tell you it would be absolutely disgusting for your tongue and your sense of taste, I know that first hand when I add too much vinegar to my green salads, yuck, I have a bad taste during all day.

Offtopic: It's better to add more oil and less vinegar, and if you can, use balsamic vinegar, which is absolutely delicious (compared to other kinds of vinegar, that is :P)

Although I remember reading a claim somewhere that the combination of fatty meats & alcohol causes a particularly high rate of liver damage (cirrhosis)
Also supposed to be good for the heart - in moderation naturally
-tomos (June 02, 2008, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know about cirrhosis, but too much wine with meals is bad for your weight. And yes, one or two glasses of red wine is good for heart, at least that's what doctors say now, they could change opinion tomorrow :D, and it's due to the presence of tannins in grapes. Personally, I prefer chocolate, it has the same effect ;D

Oh, and for those that like to DRINK ( ;) ), try pomegranate drinking vinegar with tequila and Cointreau -- a Vinegarita! Marvelous! Just sucking back some right now!
-Renegade (June 02, 2008, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Vinegar, tequila AND Cointreau >_<

Fred Nerd:
Apple Cider vinegar is actually one of the healthiest things you can get. I used to shot it as a kid, and still do it every now and then. Try peppermint herbal tea with 3 sugars and a dash of vinegar......

AC Vinegar has many medicinal uses, most of which I can't remember, it is, however, a strong aphrodisiac and can be used to bring cows into heat. A few tablespoons in their food should do it, also increases lactation.

steeladept:
I think people are missing the difference in vinegars here.  From what I understand, drinking vinegar as Renegade is talking about is a mild flavored drink that is not far from wine and may even be made by letting wine "go bad" (never researched it, though it certainly would make sense).

The vinegars other people think of is typically distilled white vinegar or balsamic vinegar, neither of which is in the same category.  I get the feeling few people actually know how many different types of vinegars there are out there and how different they are.  Like wines ranging from sweet to dry, red, white, rose, flavored, etc.; vinegars come in MANY different ranges for different purposes.  While I agree that distilled white vinegar would be absolutely horrible to drink strait (in my opinion); I can certainly imagine much milder vinegars that are tons healthier than colas and other soda pops and just as tasty.

All this from someone who has never tried it :P

f0dder:
steeladept: I was definitely thinking about the "regular" kind of vinegar (white or balsamic doesn't matter too much wrt. drinking it straight ;)), and read the post table as "drinking{verb} vinegar", not "drinking{qualifier} vinegar".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version