ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Html View Mode in FARR (Find and Run Robot)

<< < (4/8) > >>

nitrix-ud:
it would be amazing if Farr could pull the page without special formatting like www.donationcoder.com would invoke html mode.
--- End quote ---

seems like you will be able to do it as it stands now :

regex mask :
^(https?://)?(([0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+: )?[0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+@)?(([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}|localhost|alextd|mickytd|([0-9a-z_!~*'()-]+\.)*([0-9a-z][0-9a-z-]{0,61})?[0-9a-z]\.[a-z]{2,6})(:[0-9]{1,4})?((/?)|(/[0-9a-z_!~*'().;?:@&=+$,%#-]+)+/?)$
--- End quote ---

Show website | showhtml http://$$4$$8$$9
--- End quote ---

nitrix-ud:
waouh mouser, you've done it, this is pretty amazing ! it will really opens up new things, new uses...

good you keep esc key for FARR
links to open up FARR searches will be very useful too :Thmbsup:
about links i wonder what is the best strategy for new windows (target="_blank") and popups ?
i think it would be great to be able to open a link in your regular browser when you want it

say you google search within FARR, i'd like to see the results in FARR but then open an interesting link in my full blown browser...
maybe shift+enter AND middle mouse click are good choices

then what i'd like when i click on the link is see FARR closes automatically OR not ;)

see this post
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13266.msg112110#msg112110

obviously the more configurable the better
Also possibility to choose path (like html/body/div#1/a) which is going to be displayed would be useful
--- End quote ---
this kind of thing is useful, just have to decide whether to make it core part of FARR or a plugin.
--- End quote ---
i think this should be a core part of FARR, it would be very useful in aliases

i think one thing that is needed is to have an address bar, so that at some point you can copy the url and paste it in a regular browser, or copy the url in FARR search box
of course "bridges" between html-rendering object and FARR search box would be great

mouser, i know you don't want to create a full browser :D but an address bar is no gadget
one other thing i mentionned previously is the small bug about showmemo and showfile (and maybe the new showhtml command ??) :
if you have a showfile or showmemo command as a second result of an alias (or third, fourth, etc.)
the ESC does not select the search box... so you cannot close FARR by using ESC twice, you have to use the mouse ! to reselect the search box...
very annoying
--- End quote ---

just want to make sure it is not forgotten

s.newave:
about links i wonder what is the best strategy for new windows (target="_blank") and popups ?
i think it would be great to be able to open a link in your regular browser when you want it

say you google search within FARR, i'd like to see the results in FARR but then open an interesting link in my full blown browser...
maybe shift+enter AND middle mouse click are good choices

then what i'd like when i click on the link is see FARR closes automatically OR not Wink
-nitrix-ud (June 01, 2008, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

i would imagine you should be able to do this as is by right clicking on the link and choosing "open in new window"

Also concerned about popups. Not sure how these would be handled but obv it would be great if there werent any  :D

nitrix-ud:
i would imagine you should be able to do this as is by right clicking on the link and choosing "open in new window"
--- End quote ---

my ie7 does not have this, is that normal ??  :D

mouser:
i dont have it either, so i think some other solution will be needed.
i may have to make a little mini toolbar for the htmlview mode with options like "open in browser", refresh, etc.  and i guess an address bar too.

one thing i was thinking might be needed is an options page in FARR dedicated to the html view mode, and one thing it might include is a list of websites url regex patterns that FARR should open in it's internal window, vs. those it should open externally.  just an idea.  my only fear is that we do not want to overcomplicate this -- it's not meant to be a replacement browser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version