ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

any plans to "force" stubborn programs?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Scott:
There are are a few services/processes that simply ignore Process Tamer.-bigbadbuu (October 28, 2005, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am seeing this problem now, and I can give a specific example:  mstDfrgS.exe, which is a service installed by mst Defrag Home Edition 1.9.  I've configured PT 2.05.02 to force mstDfrgS.exe to low priority, but it never does.

The strange thing is that Sysinternals Process Explorer can set the process priority class of mstDfrgS.exe to 4 (i.e. "low") without a problem.  Similarly, the command line utility Process.exe can set it to 4.  So why can't PT do the same?

I haven't tried running PT as a service, because honestly, I don't want to run it as a service.  And this isn't a "permissions" issue in that regard anyway.  In fact, PT's log doesn't show any attempt to set the priority of mstDfrgS.exe at all.  So, I guess we can never mind the question of why the other utils can set the priority and PT can't, and start wondering why PT doesn't seem to try in the first place.  :)

mouser:
i'll look into it - it may be that process tamer is not running with as much permissions as it could to handle it.

Scott:
If it were a problem with permissions, wouldn't the Process Tamer log at least show an attempt to modify the priority?

phatmankerr:
Scott

Huge apologies (to you and everybody else) for butting in on this thread, but a long time ago in a thread far far away you mentioned a sneaky way of suppressing the Splash Screen in XFilesDialog - Have just purchased it and was annoyed to find that the splash screen is not removed (the author seems adamant about retaining it  :mad:).

Is there a link/website any where on how to remove the splash.

Thanks

Sorry again to everybody for butting in...

Scott:
Why not send me a PM instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version