ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Instant infos via aliases?

<< < (3/6) > >>

kartal:
Maybe user can create "template" pages. If user calls the template page name that means that the user wants to enter data.
For example my template page name is "hospital" and it looks like this
[template]
@title = Central Hospital
@phone = blah blah
@address = blah blah
@hours = blah blah

If I type "add hospital" Farr would ask the title, phone adress. Or I could type them in an order like we do with aliases. Farr can add the infos to existing template page. In this case template formatting needs to stay on top of the file whole time I would guess. Or it could create new files with template formating based on user settings.

If I type "look hospital Dr. Jones" Farr would do a text searc and display the info based on template page format.

mouser:
template idea is nice.

the biggest problem with this plugin idea is that it threatens to be so complicated that it never gets coded, so we need to figure out a nice reasonable set of ideas.

kartal:
As a starter adding notes should be done based on appending to existing text files with controlled formatting then? I use your addnote.exe but having no formatting control makes it little useless. Because all I would need is one line of note but addnote would add multiple lines.

My suggestion is that add note should let us choose the formatting and what kind of info line(date, time etc) should be appended.

nitrix-ud:
the biggest problem with this plugin idea is that it threatens to be so complicated that it never gets coded, so we need to figure out a nice reasonable set of ideas.
--- End quote ---
i agree

at first i thought this plugin idea was pretty much like searching for lines in a file (which is very similar to searching for files in a folder...)
i think this plugin will be great

however i DO think a simple core function for aliases would really be great, aside from this powerful plugin
this function is :
dosearchfile similar to dosearch....
or simply a new form of keyword for dosearches

dosearch +modifier_specifying_file_to_be_searched

then you can add an action modifier... and you can do many things

for instance i found a simple .ahk script on the autohotkey forum, it works as follow :
if you run msn.ahk [email protected]
it opens the conversation with your friend [email protected]

with a core function in less than a minute you can set up the following alias :

msn
^msn (.*)
dosearch +file_with_list_of_friend_emails +open_msn_ahk $$1

then set open_msn_ahk as the following alias :
msn.ahk $$1

i can find dozens of uses...

Armando:
I would be interested to know :

1- who would use such a note taking feature (apart from the "searching for lines in a file" function)
2- why would one use it
3- how much would one use it

(basically, how would it fit into one's workflow and current application setting/"ecology")

The reason why I'm asking these questions is that there are already a lot of note taking applications around. I currently use something myself and was trying to figure out if I'd need something like that from farr (apart, like I said, from the "searching for lines in a file" function, which I could use for quick searches). Probably not, but maybe ... I'm always opened to new solutions.

Of course, there must be many people wanting such a feature, otherwise it wouldn't be in the making!  :) I'm just curious about how would one use that, and how it would fit into one's workflow and current "application ecology".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version