ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Disktrix's UltimateDefrag V1 released as freeware !

<< < (3/5) > >>

PhilB66:
Even if UD was a decent product, I wouldn't use it because of the GUI, and the infamous NTFS "optimization" trick they charged cash for. Oh, and I'm not that great a fan of product names including the word "ultimate" :)
-f0dder (May 30, 2008, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. Also, as a rule of thumb, I never touch products of companies that have a POBox as a contact addres and no telephone number, use marketing tactics for people who were born yesterday etc.

Curt:
I still don't know what you are implying about rapidlinks. What is a crack and what is it supposed to do? I have just now clicked 'download' and twice followed the never-ending redirections and both times ended up downloading a 9 kb invalid rar container file - is that a 'crack' ? Of course, I couldn't see what was inside the invalid container, but the original file is 2.44 MB. The link may of course be removed, I don't want to offend the forum with something of no importance at all, but I just don't fully know what you are talking about. And I guess a lot of other innocent people don't know either.

Curt:
... the most recent review - UltimateDefrag 2008 Debate: I, which confirms earlier findings. -PhilB66 (May 30, 2008, 09:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

All about files bigger than 4 GB!
Who have files at such a ridiculous size?
Well, let him choose another program!

You obviously love to hate my new program -
I will tell you later on if I love or hate it, and why.

MerleOne:
I'd like to add that UD 2008 is actually very very close to the now freeware V1.72, so I suggest installing first the free version, and also the demo for the 2008 version and compare.  The difference is really little (small ?).

And for a simple yet efficient and quick defragmenter, there is always PuranDefrag 4.5.  For those who don't want to spend their computer life in looking for the best parameters ;)

f0dder:
Curt: lots of people have files larger then 4 gigabytes :) - DVD images, for instance. Some games also have huge data files, although many games do split the resource wads into less than 2gig chunks, probably for FAT filesystem compatibility...

And it's not that we hate "your new program", but we are prettttty concerned about the tacky tactics of the company.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version