ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Disktrix's UltimateDefrag V1 released as freeware !

(1/5) > >>

MerleOne:
http://www.disktrix.com/UDFree.htm

A disk defragmenter with many possibilities.  I personally prefer PuranDefrag 4.5 from PuranSoftware but it is a nice tool at that price !                                                             

PhilB66:
Just a reminder MerleOne... $7.5 to optimize XP NTFS Drive access : rip-off or not ?  ;)

Would you still deal with such a company?

Josh:
@*!& NO! I hate these guys. The fact that they charge you 7.50 for a document which details how to setup NTFS compression, which is freely available information, is a tactic I do not agree with.

DOWN WITH MOUSER.....errr...Disktrix!

MerleOne:
Just a reminder MerleOne... $7.5 to optimize XP NTFS Drive access : rip-off or not ?  ;)

Would you still deal with such a company?
-PhilB66 (May 30, 2008, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I must admit I had completely forgotten that ! But even so, since it is a freeware, I see no moral problem in downloading, installing it and even recommend it !

Curt:
That was all back then. Now they seem to have learned a lesson; the old PDF in question has been removed, and the new is free of charge. I would say their UltimateDefrag 2008 is a fine piece of work, so I am purchasing it NOW, and then we'll see Sunday if the 25% discount offer is still valid, even it says "until 31 May 2008".

Edited:
Read more at rapidlinks[-deleted-]=12797

even more edited:
- about the previous version, the one that is now free, well, we all followed the great shootout, didn't we:
UltimateDefrag is probably the closest program yet reviewed to being the "ultimate" defrag software, particularly if you're a power user. It gets a "Thumbs Up" rating in spite of its flaws.

http://donnedwards.openaccess.co.za/2007/06/great-defrag-shootout-xiii-disktrix.html-The Great Degfrag Shootout, XIII
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version