ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

flash-card programs to learn a new (human) language. What's the best?

<< < (4/5) > >>

tinjaw:
I have a recently renewed interest in this thread as I have begun to (re)learn the Czech language.

More info for those interested.As some of you know, I was a linguist with the US Army over 15 years ago. I was taught Czech and Slovak at DLI. I have recently begun dating a beautiful woman who currently lives in Alaska as a US citizen, but was born, and grew up, in Bohemia. We intend to spend the Christmas - New Year holiday visiting her family and friend back home in the Czech Republic.

I have discovered a free language flashcard system that is very good. I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking to use flashcards to (re)learn a language.

Before You Know It

The Lite version is free and all you need if you just want traditional flashcard functionality.

kartal:

Before You Know It looks very nice. I would buy if there was a discount :)

tinjaw:
I recently purchased a Windows Mobile 6 PDA and would like to have a Leitner flashcard system that works, and is synchronized, between my PDA and my desktop. Anybody know of any such system?

I'm going to revisit all my desktop flashcard app bookmarks and see if any of them mention a pocket pc / windows mobile version.

tinjaw:
I just found PrismaCards and it's Windows Mobile match MCards. You can make the cards with PrismaCards and then use the Leitner system with MCards.

Carol Haynes:
I have been playing with PrismaCards and creating my own database. I would like to embed files (PDF etc) as described in the manual. Anyone get this to work - I drag and drop files as it say but the icons don't appear (just the file names) and when I run the cards in a test none of the additional info appears ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version