ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WebSite Watcher Question

(1/2) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
For those fanatical WebSite Watcher Users, I was chatting to a fellow at work today and realised that he needed WebSite Watcher! I think  :huh:

Question about feature: Monitor whole sites instead of single pages

He needs to be notified when changes happen on a particular part of a site. So for example, if the root site is divided into 50 major sections (pages), and he only needs to monitor a few of those major sections (and their sub-pages): is that what "Monitor whole sites instead of single pages" can do??

Although I've never used it myself, I am encouraged by the fanaticism displayed here, and based on that would have no hesitation recommending it to IT. As a matter of interest: Do people have opinions about any alternatives?

Thanks,
Perry

aignes:
The "Follow-Links" functionality automatically inserts all links of a page as new bookmarks. You can define a link depth and also include/exclude filters, for example to exclude links that contain "/forum/" or "?id=".

A small video can be found at http://www.aignes.com/videos.htm

He needs to be notified when changes happen on a particular part of a site. So for example, if the root site is divided into 50 major sections (pages), and he only needs to monitor a few of those major sections (and their sub-pages): is that what "Monitor whole sites instead of single pages" can do??
--- End quote ---

In that case you can define a separate master bookmark of each major section you want to monitor. Their sub-pages should then be checked automatically with the Follow-Links functionality.

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks: I thought it had to be like that, but just wanted to check users.

Have you tested that functionality?

Perry Mowbray:
Heck... I'll just try the Demo...  :-[

J-Mac:
Thanks: I thought it had to be like that, but just wanted to check users.

Have you tested that functionality?
-Perry Mowbray (May 28, 2008, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perry - that was Martin Aignesberger, the developer...  I think he has most likely tested it!!  ;D

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version