topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Troupware, another unknown gem  (Read 15185 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Troupware, another unknown gem
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:10 PM »
tw.gif
http://www.troupware.com/index.htm

Their main software, (allmost) all gratis, and some with their own homepage:

BEATLE: (Beta)
BEATLE (formally SAPS) is a new media player from the creator of AudioShaker (formally an Understealth product).  BEATLE will allow users to play music, videos in an environment that is easy to use and offers an array of features that make media organisation extremely easy.  Features such as Mass Tag Editing, Mass File Renaming, Media Library, CD Player, Multiple Playlists, Move Music To Folders, Send To Devices and lots more are included as standard and extra features are available to allow you to sort your media in any fashion you wish.

BEATLE v1.0 Beta 1, Build #1273 Released
HOT OFF THE PRESS!! BEATLE v1.0, Build #1273 Beta 1 is now available for download. The original version of BEATLE will be maintained for the time being, but all development on the project has been stopped. There is too much to say about what’s been changed in the new BEATLE, but all I will say is this: EVERTHING!!

Please remember that this release is for testing purposes only and should not be used as your default media player. You will also notice that some features are missing or some are not working. Please don’t worry as they will be ready for the final release.

Enjoy
Posted on 15 Nov 2007 by William Troup
CRP (Control Running Programs):  (needs Framework 2)
CRP (Control Running Programs) is a solution that will control all running programs within your windows session. In the section ‘Instance Controlling’, you can specify how many instances of a particular program will run at the same time, preventing memory overflow and instant program spawning from other programs. In the section ’Instance Launching’, specific programs will be launched once they have been closed, either by accident, from the user or the task manager. Drag & Drop support from explorer is also supported and multiple entries allow unlimited amount of programs to be used.

You can set CRP to start with the windows session, maintaining full control without manual loading and spawning instance support will allow you to run several copies of CRP at the same time. A full set of options are available via the ‘Options’ window and direct access to the current tasks list is also available.
fsLock:
fsLock is a full suited security program that locks, encrypts, securely deletes, monitors and protects files and processes on your computer. Drag and Drop support from Windows is supported and direct access to the processes running is also available. Password protection will prevent changes being made when others use your computer and a full set of extra options is also available (start with windows, loading options, etc). fsLock has an easy to understand inter-face that blends easily with Windows and makes you feel more at home, while making sure that all of the main options are easy to access, while offering a full logging system that allows you to track every event that happens while the program is open.

Executables (EXE) and Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files can be used, but support can be turned off if you feel this support is not needed. Full support for multiple lists in ‘Secure Files’ allows you to create several lists to be used at different times, while full support for spawning a new instance of fsLock is also supported.

Purchase fsLock:
fsLock is a free program to download and use, but if you feel you need extra protection that comes with the full version, you may purchase a licence for £5 (£10 if its for business use) per computer.

Because fsLock is still in development, we will not charge for test versions and the purchase system will remain offline until the final version of v2.0 is released in the next few weeks.  Below is a comparison of the two versions available:
Feature__________________Lite Version___Full Version

Secure Files Support: ______Yes__________Yes
Delete Files Support: ______Yes__________Yes
Encryption Support: _______Yes__________Yes
Monitoring Support: _______Yes__________Yes
Program Security Support: _ No ___________Yes

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but we pride ourselves in being efficient and ensuring our programs are released to the highest standard.
Idle Background: (needs Framework 2)
Idle Background is a new software program that will change your desktop background to specific images listed on the main window. The images are picked out of the list every minute (or whatever time your specify) and are changed and set to either Tile, Centre or Stretch. The program will keep looping through the list until you stop the program. Previews of the wallpapers you wish to use are available and extra tools to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

Idle background will sit in the system tray while its running, ensuring that it does not clutter your desktop. You can save your images used as lists, which means that you can have several lists of wallpapers to use, allowing you to switch whenever you get bored of your current wallpapers.
PassX: (needs Framework 2)
PassX is a simple tool that will allow you to generate completely secure passwords for Windows.  You can either create passwords randomly (being any size, include special characters, force stop certain characters, etc), build a password from a string (a sentence, or names, or anything you want) or build a password generated from a list of words that you have specified (which can be customised for how they are used).  All settings created can be saved and re-used later to create more passwords and the passwords generated can be saved to a TXT file.  You can create any number of passwords you wish and they can be used on other operating systems other than Windows (Linux, MAC-OS, etc).
PinNotes:
PinNotes is a simple, but effective sticky note program. Allowing full control and rich text support, each sticky note that is generated can be saved, customised (including transparency, window position, etc) and re-opened when the program is opened again. Colour schemes are available, along with extra options, such as Always on Top (for each individual note window), an Editing Panel, Position locking, Flashing support, show notes at certain times and WinShade mode (available for both the note and control windows). Extensive options are also available for the entire program via the Options window.

Full Editing is also available, including the ability to use pictures in the notes and extra options for including special data (Days, Months, Numbers, Time, Date, etc) in the notes.  Special tools for case conversation are available and an extra tools for checking the properties of the current note (Word Count, Character Count, Tabs, etc).
Winlaunch:
Winlaunch is a global shortcut program that allows you to launch programs, documents, folders, websites, emails, control applets and commands by pressing any custom-built assigned shortcut key combination ( for example, Ctrl+F1 could open your default web browser). Shortcut keys work anywhere within Windows, but ‘Exceptions’ prevent them from working if you are using another application, such as Microsoft Word or Internet Explorer, which can also be set to ‘Learn’ as you use your computer, enabling you to set them up more easily. Winlaunch offers all these features in an easy to use environment, allowing you to add shortcuts easily and manage your shortcuts and exceptions within grouped listings, making them easier to manage.

winlaunch_ss.jpgTroupware, another unknown gem

Drag and Drop support from Windows Explorer is fully supported, allowing you to add your shortcuts more efficiently as you use your computer. Reports are generated for shortcuts that are successfully and unsuccessfully launched, while showing a launch confirmation tooltip by the system tray for all shortcuts successfully launched. Run time editing on shortcuts is supported and the ability to disable shortcuts that are not needed, removing the need to delete them.

They also have some nice but less ambitious apps.

http://www.troupware...m/software/index.htm
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 03:53 PM by Curt »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Troupware, another unknown gem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Beatle... the name alone makes it worth a look-see in my opinion  :Thmbsup:

skybright

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:09 AM »

It piqued my interest as well.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:00 AM »

It piqued my interest as well.

Me, also! -- and the screenshots look very promising. Clean, to the point, note covered in candy-esque graphics.  Installing now.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 02:50 PM »
So... Er, shall we swap notes on our BEATLE experiences? On my admittedly ancient notebook, it hogged upwards of 80% of my CPU whether it had focus or not (or, for that matter, was playing a track or not). I've uninstalled it, but wonder if anyone else had any trouble?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I have re-edited the first post and added this quote:

BEATLE v1.0 Beta 1, Build #1273 Released
HOT OFF THE PRESS!! BEATLE v1.0, Build #1273 Beta 1 is now available for download. The original version of BEATLE will be maintained for the time being, but all development on the project has been stopped. There is too much to say about what’s been changed in the new BEATLE, but all I will say is this: EVERTHING!!

Please remember that this release is for testing purposes only and should not be used as your default media player. You will also notice that some features are missing or some are not working. Please don’t worry as they will be ready for the final release.

Enjoy
Posted on 15 Nov 2007 by William Troup

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Ah... thanks for clarifying that, Curt. I dimly recall reading that when I downloaded it, but had completely forgotten about it  :-[

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 04:05 PM »
One might say he doesn't update too often, I guess. He is bound to know that it doesn't work flawlessly, and yet it hasn't been updated for half a year. But you are of course right, Darwin, we should talk about how the beatle handles  -  only, I haven't tested it... because of the quoted warning!

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 10:20 PM »
The Beatle handles . . . slowly, very, very slowly.  I'll just chock it up to beta and return to VU Player/Billy.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Hmm... not just me, then. Ah well, I'll check back when it's out of beta. Thanks, Allen!