topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Photoshop disasters  (Read 5704 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Photoshop disasters
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Calling all photoshop pros! Looks like there are going to be some job openings soon...
Have you seen a truly awful piece of Photoshop work? Clumsy manipulation, senseless comping, lazy cloning and thoughtless retouching are our bread and butter. And yes, deep down, we love Photoshop.

Oh merciful heavens WHAT HAPPENED TO HER ARM!?!?!?
P.S. Some articles may be slightly NSFW...

from Admit-one.net
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:39 PM by Edvard »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Photoshop disasters
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:36 PM »
I'm more concerned about her neck! Ouch  :o

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:53 PM »
A lot of these are really funny but there are also a lot of them I just don't understand. There's a big area circled and some commentary, but I don't see the problem.

Like this one: Vampire Insurance?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23 AM »
Vampire Insurance... Nice. The problem I see is that it *looks* to me like the hands are detached from her body. Notice the skin colour and tone of her arms versus that of her hands. Also, as a commentator noted, her left hand/arm doesn't look natural.

EDIT: fixed typos
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:39 AM by Darwin »

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:50 AM »
if you take the time to look at unphotoshopped images with the intention of finding something odd about them then you'll find it.

you'll see that the human form can look 'manipulated' even when it most certainly isn't. try it, i don't think it will take you long to find something that looks unnatural.

the vampire image was merely pointing out the woman's face (the eyes and the expression that implies shes is about to bite someones neck).

looking at that site i'd be inclined to say that some images are NOT photoshopped - which, to me, means the jokes on them.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 02:01 AM »
the vampire image was merely pointing out the woman's face (the eyes and the expression that implies shes is about to bite someones neck).

I dunno. She looks friendly to me. Her teeth aren't even very pointy.

looking at that site i'd be inclined to say that some images are NOT photoshopped - which, to me, means the jokes on them.

I agree. I don't see anything wrong with this one other than the fact that it looks like a stupid movie. And this biker one seems like it could be a legitimate photo.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:18 AM »
And this biker one seems like it could be a legitimate photo.

I agree - reckon thats NOT pshopped - it's just the angle
Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:24 AM »
well, i agree. first impression of the vampire woman was that her eyes had been 'enhanced' a little. but then i thought well there must be some 'vampire' connection here - which then made me see that she kinda looked like she was getting ready to take a bite. not actually something i saw straight away - which is partly my point - it's not too hard to find a problem where there might not really be one.

i agree about the bike rider also. as for the dvd cover, are they just questioning whether it is an official cover. i don't know.

i looked through about a dozen more pages and then got bored of trying to find unphotoshopped images. i guess there are a few that are questionable but not as many as i first thought.