ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

NOD32 False Positive

(1/1)

Mithias:
Just a quick heads up.......

NOD32 identified "Screenshotcaptor.exe" as having "possible variant of an unknown virus" earlier this week. Trawling through the ESET forums the same thing was being reported on all Adobe applications amongst others. An update should have been pushed out to resolve this by now but in case anyones slow to get updates.....

Mithias,

mouser:
Thanks for the report Mithias.  Yet another false positive.. at least this time it seems to have included a ton of other valid applications so will be fixed quickly.. I'm surprised that Eset (makers of Nod32) were so sloppy this time, usually they are pretty reliable.  What's most surprising is that these top antivirus companies are not regularly testing the new signatures against a large collection of known good programs before releasing them -- surely if they had done that they would have seen the problem before they released the new update.

Carol Haynes:
Interesting - which version of NOD32 are you using? I use NOD32 (v. 3.0.650.3135) and have a lot of Adobe apps and have had no alerts at all.

mouser:
I don't know about Adobe, but I did get a false positive nod32 alert for thebat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version