topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 4:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: 10+ suggestions to make FARR the most interesting launcher  (Read 23935 times)

nitrix-ud

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 10+ suggestions to make FARR the most interesting launcher
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Another issue that wasn't mentioned is the search-as-you-type. The problem occurs especially with the Locate32 plugin - FARR sends what you write immediately to all the plugins. While this can be solved on the plugin level, it might be better if FARR didn't "send as you type" but instead give it a few milliseconds for you to finish the search query (or even better, make the delay customizable).

i think there is already a delay, which is not customizable... i already asked for that, IMHO it could be directly in the ini file

i think the real problem is when you search a network drive, where you feel that the search box is linked to the results
when i search for music on my network drive using a dosearch alias, FARR just hangs for seconds (sometimes even showing not responding in the title bar) just after i typed the trigger of my alias (so i cannot continue to type...)

vitalyb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:27 AM »
not saying it solves anything, but i just want to make sure that you are aware of the run alias ?

Wasn't really aware, but instead I made a simple replacement for myself:
1000>>>noresults>->$$1>+>noresults (.*)
Basically it is a FARR feature that lets you run anything if no results were found.

As you said however, it doesn't solve anything. A result list as with anything in FARR would be most welcome.

nitrix-ud

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 11:50 AM »
Basically it is a FARR feature that lets you run anything if no results were found.

i personally keep the noresult command for google ;)