topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Temp Mouse Fix - stretch the life of your dying mouse  (Read 8529 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I made this program for a friend yesterday and felt like I should share it here at DC just in case someone has a similar issue.

Temp Mouse Fix is just that - a temporary utility to extend the time before you *have* to go buy a new mouse. It assumes that the left and right mouse buttons are both no more, but that the mouse still functions as a pointing device (you cannot use the keyboard as a mouse with Temp Mouse Fix - Windows Accessibility Tools can do that for you).

There is no GUI and only the default tray menu. When opened you are told that, in short:

Control+1 = Click
Control+2 = Double Click
Control+3 = Right Click

There are a few limitations to the program. When you right click you MUST choose a menu item - the left click option doesn't do anything (I have no idea why). Also, because Control is used, you can end up selecting multiple items when single clicking (good or bad, but a minor inconvenience at the most). Dragging is not available as well.

Hopefully this helps someone out :)

-Brandon

(If you don't have or know what "AutoHotkey" is, download the EXE)

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Temp Mouse Fix - stretch the life of your dying mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:34 PM »
There's a tiny program that does that - clicker.exe (freeware, 36 KB) by Anonymous Software but I cannot find the download link  :-[. (I attach a copy of the program but if it's not OK then, moderator, please remove it)

2008-05-26_013230.jpg

Also, there's Dwell Clicker but I have not tried this one.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Temp Mouse Fix - stretch the life of your dying mouse
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Oops, Dwell Clicker was mentioned before... see https://www.donation...86.msg22209#msg22209