ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Hide menu in Start Menu

(1/6) > >>

blackcat:
Hello. I have a long list of start menu and i want to hide some of them to make it shorter. i could just use 'tidy start menu' but it doesnt hide menu instead it just sort the menus into group. that's not what i want.

can someone write a program that will hide main entries by changing their folder attrib. a simple program with listbox (with checkboxes)

thanks in advanced!  :)

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
You could try editing it by hand?!

It is very easy too, under XP just navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

I prefer to organize my favorite/needed applications by their shortcuts using Quick Launch
C:\Documents and Settings\***USERNAME***HERE***\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

belkira:
Well these are a bit ugly, and I have not yet figured out how to combine both
scripts into one so it takes two scripts. One to hide the apps, and one to unhide them.

Usage:

Launch, check the program(s) you want hidden. Thats it, when you have checked all the boxes
of the programs you want hidden just close the app. There is no undo so if you accidentally
click on something you didn't want hidden you will have to use the unhider script to unhide it.

Also because of the way Windows is, this hides folders from current users profile, and the all users
profile so if someone else uses your pc they may notice things missing.

lanux128:
I have not yet figured out how to combine both
scripts into one so it takes two scripts. One to hide the apps, and one to unhide them.-belkira (June 07, 2008, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

just an idea, how about combining both scripts in a GUI with a tabbed Hide/Unhide options. :)

belkira:
Tried...I couldnt get the tabs to work. Only the first tab showed any info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version