topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: MSD Organizer (free version)  (Read 3290 times)

surftwo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
MSD Organizer (free version)
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:30 AM »
This is certainly 2 years late.  It should have gone in the mini review on Note taking software but that wasn't my review. 
But I found a great and free Personal Imformation manager. <a href="http://www.msdsoft.com/eng/download.htm">MSD</a> is it's name and it has tons of features for free.  The program is layed out with modules which can be opened from the toolbar.

The included modules are a calendar,contact list, task list, card file,diary,property,health, budget and a music list.
I would compare this to some shareware software of this type that cost 50 to 100 dollars.  Really is a nice program for free.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: MSD Organizer (free version)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:21 AM »
Holy cow... yuck, what an ugly UI.

2008-05-24_171024.jpg

Also, be warned, the freeware version is cripleware. Features like password protection of the database and data encryption are not available. And when it is first run, MSD will ask you if you want to enable trial features (box is auto ticked). Untick if not interested.

2008-05-24_170634.jpg

Having said that, tons of nice features and you can run it as a portable application. Nice find.