ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Mouse Wheel Scroll Can Cycle Through Applications on Taskbar

(1/6) > >>

Smobu:

1. Hover anywhere on the taskbar and start scrolling up or down on the mouse wheel.

2. Scroll up to cycle through applications to the left.

3. Scroll down to cycle through applications to the right.

Perry Mowbray:
I use TaskSwithchXP to do that, sort of...

1. Click on Tray Icon (not hover over taskbar)
2. Scroll up/down to selected application (don't have to move the mouse)
3. Scroll Wheel click to select (don't have to move the mouse)

Gives me a live display of the windows:

Actually, previously I was using the TAB+Alt key combination, but in replying to this I've discovered that a click on the Tray Icon is actually much quicker if I've got the mouse in my hand (so thanks for your post!!)

lanux128:
you can take the Windows built-in Alt+Esc shortcut and bind it to mouse-wheel with Autohotkey. try using Alt+Esc or Alt+Shift+Esc to see if that's the behaviour you want. here's the rather basic AHK code for that, doesn't have taskbar detection, though. i can make a more complete script once i get back to my desk.

--- ---#SingleInstance,Force
#NoEnv
SendMode,Input

WheelUp::
  Send !{Esc}
Return
WheelDown::
  Send !{Shift}{Esc}
Return

Perry Mowbray:
you can take the Windows built-in Alt+Esc shortcut and bind it to mouse-wheel with Autohotkey. try using Alt+Esc or Alt+Shift+Esc to see if that's the behaviour you want. here's the rather basic AHK code for that, doesn't have taskbar detection, though. i can make a more complete script once i get back to my desk.
-lanux128 (May 24, 2008, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

I use Alt-TAB all the time but had forgotten about Alt-Esc: Thanks

lanux128:
I use Alt-TAB all the time but had forgotten about Alt-Esc: Thanks-Perry Mowbray (May 25, 2008, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
you're welcome. btw, Skrommel had already created a somewhat similar script that needs no user intervention. check out the link below.. 8)

• DONE: timed alt+tab through active windows

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version