ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker vote, stage 2, final voting

<< < (6/7) > >>

kartal:
Rocketdock is a nice program but you cannot compare it to Farr. That is why I installed rocketdock on my wife`s computer and Farr on mine :)

Ghostly:
RocketDock may be a great program but it really is a totally different kind of program than the others and is out of place in this list in my opinion.
-mouser (May 23, 2008, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Totally agree. Dock programs are more of an alternative to the windows taskbar, rather than the combined alternative to the start menu, command line, and search tools that you get with programs like FARR.

Grorgy:
Ok They must be out there, where are the wives who are being treated this way? and why haven't they rebelled?

Darwin:
Rocketdock is a nice program but you cannot compare it to Farr. That is why I installed rocketdock on my wife`s computer and Farr on mine :)
-kartal (May 23, 2008, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok They must be out there, where are the wives who are being treated this way? and why haven't they rebelled?
-Grorgy (May 24, 2008, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

icekin:
Totally missed this thread, went and voted just now, but not sure if its still counts. I was a Launchy 1.25 user and then moved over to Slickrun when I saw that it had a more memory efficient usage. After my 2GB ram upgrade, went to FARR and never looked back since. Took me a while to configure all the plugins, but totally worth it, being able to integrate with locate32, ninjawords, Google Calculator and all.

Now, I recommend FARR for anyone with more than 512 MB of RAM or more and Slickrun for older machines. I know FARR runs on older machines too and can be set to use less memory, but there's something about Slickrun's simplicity and instant appearance that I like. Slickrun or Launchy are good introductions to people who've never used keyboard launchers at all and FARR can be introduced once they have become used to the concept.

Simple aesthetic features FARR should add :

- Ability to hide tray icon. I know its not a big deal, but if you have many other apps in the tray, its only so long before the tray is more than half the length of the task bar. In fact, I think this option should be added to all background running programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version