ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker launcher application voting and FARR Name

<< < (8/10) > >>

mouser:
xbeta i always appreciate when you translate one of our pages and i would be very happy to be able to link to a Chinese translated FARR page.

Ghostly:
Well Mouser, I wouldn't take this too seriously, as I have read something like a dozen different articles and polls about command launchers like Launchy and FARR. To be honest, I had heard passing references to FARR many times, but never once thought to use it until I was reading an article about launchers on LifeHacker and saw quite a few people in the comments section swearing by FARR. So while I admit you are going to get some biased opinions, you are always going to get some good free publicity from these things as well. And I can't remember one of those articles that didn't have FARR mentioned on the list or in the comments.

Grorgy:
andthe only complaint i've ever heard about it (apart from its name lol) is that it isnt pretty enough! What i like about it is it does whats needed and goes away, how long do you want to look at the beauty of your launcher for?  :huh:  Besides i reckon it looks good anyway  :-*

mouser:
Thanks Ghostly -- you are right.

It's like most things in that it's less important which program is chosen as "winner" as it is to have new people find out about all the different programs.

Part of what sometimes inspires a coder to work on and improve a program is hearing how people like it, and I know I feel that way about many of my programs.  Seeing people comment that they like FARR makes me want to hurry up and release new versions with new goodies (I've been working with ecaradec and czechboy recently to try and get the new version of FARR with new features for plugin writers out the door this month).

kartal:
I really think that Farr is very very nicely designed and optimized software. It achieves so much with so little. Many other apps would need additional plugins for what Farr does by default with minimal design.

Please keep up the good work Mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version