ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker launcher application voting and FARR Name

<< < (2/10) > >>

mouser:
It's kind of sad how little mention there is of Find and Run Robot in that Lifehacker poll.. I'm a little taken aback..  :(

tomos:
well,
I gave up trying to make a comment - maybe they've blocked comments cause there's already so many
I've tried registering (just now), no comment box, no mails from them & login not accepted

mouser,
I think most people who use Launchy see it looks slick & it opens the programmes & dont think beyond that
I remember trying it & something bugging me about it but cant remember what now

A good few mentions of resource hog in connection with it

TucknDar:
I'd vote for FARR if I was signed up... maybe I'll do that later.

mouser:
As a meta comment, here is some advice to lifehacker and other websites that conduct polls like this:

If you want to know which programs are the most popular among (registered) users of your site, then it's fine to ask your users what they use and like.

If you want to know which programs are "best" -- then you have to make an effort to ask people who have tried all/most of the programs and have an informed opinion about which ones they prefer over others.  If you feature one program over and over on your site, you shouldn't be surprised to see a heavy bias among your users in favor of the one you've been talking about -- since for many of your readers, that's the only launcher they've ever tried (based on hearing about it from your previous stories).

Anyway, that's not to say that Launchy isn't excellent or that these people voting wouldn't prefer it above others if they tried.. It's just that there is a certain flaw in the logic of conducting a poll of this sort.  It's also why we need more sites for informed comparative reviews rather than popularity polls.

Perry Mowbray:
It's kind of sad how little mention there is of Find and Run Robot in that Lifehacker poll.. I'm a little taken aback..  :(
-mouser (May 21, 2008, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've just gone and added my vote  :Thmbsup:

FARR BTW  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version