ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker launcher application voting and FARR Name

(1/10) > >>

vitalyb:
First of all, there is a voting for best launcher, so go ahead and vote:
http://lifehacker.com/392136/best-application-launchers

BEFORE you do however notice that everyone have to vote correctly for FARR votes to be counted. To do this you must write the same application name in the comment:

VOTE: Find and Run Robot

Which brings me to the next subject. Quite a few people voted there already, each using a different variation of the name (FindAndRunRobot, Find&RunRobot, FARR) needless to say it hurts the chances of FARR to appear in the final count (unless an editor of LifeHacker actually goes over the votes manually).

Since Mouser announced he will be coming back to working on FARR core I think it is a good time to talk about the name. It is confusing, long and deserves a change. Something sprakly, googly and web 3.0. Do you agree at all? What does Mouser think?

sri:
Done.

tomos:
they (Lifehacker) make it sound like a competition to even make a comment (registering) :down:

Audition to become a commenter. To become a registered commenter on this site, you first need to be approved by our team. We're looking for comments that are interesting, substantial or highly amusing. So write a comment, polish up your words and choose a username and password below. Your comment will only appear once (or if) you're approved.

vitalyb:
It wasn't like that when I joined =\ I guess they became too popular.

mouser:
Wow Launchy is completely dominating the comments.  Haven't seen a blowout like that in a while.  Can't tell how much of that is because it has gotten so much attention on lifehacker in the past, and how much of it is from people who have really tried everything and decided they like Launchy the best.  Strange.

I appreciate vitalyb starting this thread -- If you use Find and Run Robot and like it, and prefer it to the others, it's nice if you say so.  At least a few people who read into the comments will learn about FARR for the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version