topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Registry hack needed: Full date in the tray clock  (Read 28768 times)

czb

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • My open-source online piano game
    • Donate to Member
Re: Registry hack needed: Full date in the tray clock
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 08:34 AM »
OK, here's what my tray looks like now: (see attachment in previous post)
I want it to say the full date like "5-5-2008" instead where it says "Monday"
I know this can be changed in the registry, (I figured out how to put seconds in the time field once, but I've since forgotten how...) but Google has not enlightened me.
I know there are a bazillion tray clock softwares out there, but I don't want yet another software running.

Anybody got a solution or any other interesting hacks for the tray clock?

Does anybody knows why this happends? On my WinXP I had the same problem. The strange thing is that it changes completely randomly. Sometimes I see it with date sometimes without...
My open-source online piano game: https://github.com/musicope/game

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Ok, I've tried a few of these, and it looks like Betaclock is the winner.
Tclock worked well, but wouldn't do two lines (looks better with my setup) I tried Alfaclock and found it annoying.
Alphaclock (the original) is still here: http://www.irnis.net/soft/aclock/ but it only displays the time.
Looks nice, though.

Thanks everyone!

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 11:22 AM »
I use WinCalendarTime, it's simple.
Just 32 bit support though.

http://wincalendartime.sourceforge.net/

Haven't gotten around to trying tclock yet.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54 AM »
Getting back to the original intent of this thread: registry hack needed.

I'm interested in this too. I also have TClock running, but would rather be more of a 'minimalist' and just NOT have an application.
:)
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

dominus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 07:12 PM »
superboyac, how did you made the fonts with different colors? Is there any tag that can be used in the date format string?  Seems like nobody found it curious so I'm asking. Seems like the fonts are different too.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 08:10 PM »
you can change a lot of those things by clicking next to the format string and it gives a drop down box with background text and so on.  should be able to change most of what you want there

dominus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17 PM »
I must be missing something, because I can't make the time font green and the date font yellow like superboyac did. It would be nice if it could be like on KDE where you can have different font sizes for time and date. I thought some kind of tag could be used on the time and date format string to represent the colors.

By the way, I used Betaclock at work on Windows XP and it worked fine, but it doesn't seem to work on my Vista x64 home machine. I'm using t-clock at home, but it doesn't seem to support different font/color for time and date either.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I must be missing something, because I can't make the time font green and the date font yellow like superboyac did. It would be nice if it could be like on KDE where you can have different font sizes for time and date. I thought some kind of tag could be used on the time and date format string to represent the colors.

By the way, I used Betaclock at work on Windows XP and it worked fine, but it doesn't seem to work on my Vista x64 home machine. I'm using t-clock at home, but it doesn't seem to support different font/color for time and date either.
hehe, Dominus.  It's not as simple as you might think.  I needed help from the author of the program to see how to do that.  Let me explain:
In the setup screen, below where it says "General", there is a blue "+" button.  Use this button to add an additional clock.  Now you have two clocks and the font, color, etc. of each clock can be modified independently.  That's how it is done.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 11:10 PM »
The font color not working with T-Clock/Vista is (usually) due to the transparency of the systemtray letting anything behind it bleed through. There were some other issues with the clock text being fuzzy with certain video cards, and the clock would stop updating periodically, but they both went away after SP1