ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Search GT .... how can this be?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Did you reboot between seeing the "30 day evaluation period" text and the "Registered to GAOTD" text ?

tsaint:
Did you reboot between seeing the "30 day evaluation period" text and the "Registered to GAOTD" text ?
-MerleOne (May 21, 2008, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes...

MerleOne:
I tried the same experiment as you did : install the latest SearchGT version, 2.3 from Isatech Website, install todays (2008-05-21) GAOTD software, Button something, and it didn't worked.  I have not rebooted yet, and will post an update here if anything changes.

Also, I have read on GAOTD forum 'http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/forums/topic/3085' that the latest update works fine with GAOTD license, so Curt explanation is probably the right one, especially if you can confirm that you did install and activate GAOTD version when it was offered some months ago.

tsaint:
Thanks Merle1. Try as I might I can't recall downloading GT from GTOD. Maybe, with your and others assistance, I've just proved that I'm getting senile.
I'll work on the basis that it did come from there, thus avoiding having to decide whether to pay for it or not.

MerleOne:
There may be hope : if your are not the sole user of the PC where SearchGT "auto-registered", it may be someone else who activated and installed it when it was made available by GAOTD.

Today I upgraded my SearchGT license (coming also from GAOTD) and the upgrade process started by an uninstall and reboot.  So even uninstalled the registration remained (I wonder where...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version