ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More Abuses of Technology - Government Surveillance - Computer Confiscation

<< < (11/12) > >>

Cpilot:
@Cpilot -- I wonder if some of your posts here are grounded in a practical fear. "The inconvenience is worth the safety?"
--- End quote ---
What exactly do I have to fear? Being neither a terrorist nor paranoid I really don't have to be afraid of much.
Then again the folks in the twin towers didn't feel that they had anything to fear either on that day.
As I've said before there seems to be a lot of speculation but very few hard facts, I have occasion to surf other forums and boards out there and always find myself amused at the the paranoid rantings of what I refer to as "bunker surfers", people who are so paranoid and afraid that everything around them is a massive conspiracy, that there are groups and individuals that hold all the power in the world and we are all just unwitting pawns in a centuries old conspiracy that culminates with them TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!.

There seems to be a deep disconnect from reality, if you really think things are repressive now google the security measures put in place during WWII. Do any of you realize that the only American president to create internment camps was Franklin Roosevelt, a democrat?
Do you all realize that it was democratic administrations that over saw the most repressive governmental act in violation of liberty and freedom in the form of involuntary conscription into the armed forces?
This occurred for decades, from WWII to the Vietnam war.
These adjustments were made in a time of great turmoil, both political and practical. Yet after these things subsided so did the alleged "repression", and these things too shall pass. Your all acting like what's going on is a new thing, it's not, it's happened in one form or another countless times in the past.......and the constitution is still in one piece.

After the Vietnam war dragged on and it was determined that we didn't have the will to win it anymore the people of this country demanded that the decades of living on a war footing was enough. And it changed, when we no longer feel threatened then the people will demand that it change again.

And it will, these are the realities.

But the American people will not tolerate terrorists threatening the security of themselves, their families or their country.

CWuestefeld:
Do any of you realize that the only American president to ...
-Cpilot (May 21, 2008, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mouser asked us to curtail the politics. Please help us do so.

f0dder:
There seems to be a deep disconnect from reality, if you really think things are repressive now google the security measures put in place during WWII. Do any of you realize that the only American president to create internment camps was Franklin Roosevelt, a democrat?
--- End quote ---
*cough* guantanamo *cough*

Do you all realize that it was democratic administrations that over saw the most repressive governmental act in violation of liberty and freedom in the form of involuntary conscription into the armed forces?
--- End quote ---
If you had involuntary conscription, perhaps your army would have less psychos. Works pretty well for Denmark.

Cpilot:
--- End quote ---
*cough* guantanamo *cough*-f0dder (May 22, 2008, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
No offense but as I've stated before, I couldn't really care less what "Denmark", or any of Europe for that matter, think of guantanamo. Not many Americans I've spoken to care either.
Since everyone likes dropping names how about Auschwitz-Birkenau, Belzec, Majdanec, Treblinka, Jasenovac, Chelmno and others?
Thanks Europe for giving the world industrial style mass murder and then turning around and lecturing us about Gitmo.......hypocrites.
--- End quote ---
If you had involuntary conscription, perhaps your army would have less psychos. Works pretty well for Denmark.

--- End quote ---
This just shows you're an idiot.
If Denmark's so great why didn't they stop the ethnic cleansing in Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian?
Matter of fact I really don't recollect Denmark doing much of anything beyond sniping on internet boards.

tomos:
You're doing some pretty major generalising there Cpilot
Denmark this, Europe that, America wont..
Calling people idiots doesnt help either

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version