ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What video player plays audio clearly when video is sped up?

(1/4) > >>

tinjaw:
I remember, years ago, watching episodes of Star Trek Next Generation on my computer. I was watching them at 2x real time. The player I was using adapted the audio so it just sounded like people were talking twice as fast instead of becoming chipmunk speak.

I have some HowTo videos, for example from ShowMeDo, that I want to watch a second, or third, or fourth time, to remind myself how something is done, but I don't want to do so at the slow pace that is necessary for a first viewing.

A preferable solution would be free or open source. Probably a plugin for something like VLC Media Player.

Anybody know of any such solution?

mouser:
great question.

nudone:
KMPlayer should do this. well, it does it with most videos, not sure about ALL videos.

nosh:
KMPlayer (shift++) gives me the chipmunk effect.

Try Winamp with the Pacemaker plugin as a last resort - it allows you to increase the tempo without affecting pitch, does it really well for audio files. I tried it with some videos and had mixed results mainly coz I use KMPlayer for video and Winamp does not care for my codecs. When the videos did play the pitch sounded normal.

Edit: 200% limit, unless they've updated the plugin.

yksyks:
PowerDVD can do this up to 3x speed. Not a cheap one, though. (Using version 5, not sure about its successors.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version