ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

SERVER IS BEING MOVED TONIGHT !! - EVERYONE READ IN!

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
The domain name changes are going to be activated tonight to change to our new dedicated server.    :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

The site may act a little strange until then.

I will add something to then top left of homepage and top right (news box) of forum on the new server so you can know if you are on the new server.

I may close the forum for a bit while the changes are made to avoid posts on the old board.

mouser:
this is the new server - you might notice some strangeness as the address of the new server propagates through the various "nameservers" of the internet; it can sometimes take 24-48 hours for the new server address to be accepted by everyone's computer.

after that it should be smooth sailing  :up:

momonan:
Not that I think you ever have time to do this, :-\  but it would be interesting to know what you had to do to make the switch -- even if only briefly.  Maybe in a column or a post on the forum.  Also what the advantages are (to you and to us) of the new server.  Thanks for being ever attentive to making things work.  :-*

mouser:
yep, i don't know if anyone ever reads them, but i try to talk about this behind-the-scenes stuff in my blog entries whenever there is something to talk about, and i'll definitely talk about the move.

so far it's been pretty smooth, but this has been a pretty big move for us so there is plenty to talk about.

mouser:
two notes:

people might still experience episodes of your browser getting to the old site instead of the new one in the next 24 hours or so; nothing's wrong it's just the nameservers propagating the new address of the server to the entire internet.

i'm using the actual ip# in the urls of the new site for now, just will the nameservers propagate; by tomorrow everything will be back to the old donationcoder.com urls we all know and love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version